CCP011 – Vatican 2: The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
- Mother Teresa
Eastern Catholic Corner
- Importance of learning about and experiencing Eastern Catholicism
- Provides spirituality not found in the Latin Rite.
- Different ≠ bad.
- Byzantine Catholic Deacon Robert Cripps, “Now, I’m not saying the Latin way is wrong. It’s just not a method that works for me.”
- Truth in the Catholic Church, difference in expression.
- Differences in liturgies. (Beauty found in each liturgy)
- Spirituality not always found in the Latin Rite.
- For example, intinction is not allowed in the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
- Eastern Catholic Churches have their own dioceses/eparchies.
- Dan & Chris’s Conversion updates
- Holy Days of Obligation
- 1 January: Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- 6 January: the Epiphany
- 19 March: Solemnity of Saint Joseph, Husband of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Thursday of the sixth week of Easter: the Ascension
- Thursday after Trinity Sunday: the Body and Blood of Christ
- 29 June: Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul, Apostles
- 15 August: the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- 1 November: All Saints
- 8 December: the Feast of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- 25 December: the Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ (Christmas)
- Vatican 2
Catholic Glossary: http://archstl.org/becomingcatholic/page/catholic-glossary
Podcast Theme Music by – Autotelic (Jeff Fajans)
“Carefree” Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License